VoIP Service: The Next Big Craze in the Business World
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) as the name implies, is a technology that allows transmission and reception of voice signals over broadband Internet. Over the past few years, the technology has matured greatly and completely taken over the traditional means of business communication.
If you are not familiar with the technology, then here is brief overview of VoIP for you to understand the operation, components and corporate advantages of the technology.
What are VoIP Phones?
VoIP phones, unlike hardwired landline phones, transmit voice by converting analog signals into digital data packets. This processed and compressed digital data is then sent from a source to destination over the Internet just like a media file. The technology reduces costs particularly with long distance calls and inter-office communications, by transmitting the call over the internet.
VoIP setup consists of the following components:
- Wireless/Wired Hardware – VoIP phones are very similar traditional phones. However, users can use any smartphone, tablet or even a laptop to access a VoIP network, in addition to IP desk phones.
- Software – All you need is VoIP software or in the case of RingMe.io a subscription to RingMe.io’s Cloud VoIP service.
- Broadband Internet Connection – This is probably the most important component of the VoIP setup. Although you can use the existing Internet connection for transmitting voice signals, installing a dedicated and large bandwidth connection for VoIP phones can allow you to enjoy seamless connectivity.
Corporate Advantages of VoIP Phones
VoIP not only provides users with seamless connectivity, but additional features can also provide business owners with a number of advantages. Some of these advantages are:
- Video Calling- With a webcam you use the same VoIP connection to make video calls.
- Find Me/ Follow Me- This features allows users to provide VoIP service providers with a list of call routing numbers. It means that if the call is not answered by one number, it will automatically be diverted to the other numbers in the list.
- Voicemail to Email – This feature allows your voicemail to go directly to your email, so you can listen to messages left for you at the office while you are away