How to manually configure a Cisco SPA IP Phone with RingMe.io
- Find the IP address of your phone. To do so press the button that looks like a sheet of paper then “9” (on the dial pad).
- Open a web browser and type the IP address in the address bar.
- You will need to be logged in as administrator to make these changes. Click on Admin Login in the top right corner.
- Switch to “advanced” mode in the same location.
- To be able to make calls set up the SIP/Proxy info. Go to “Ext 1” section.
- Navigate to the “Proxy and Registration” section and fill the inputs with your servers information (keep in mind that, for a weird reason, “Proxy” is actually the SIP server and the “Alternate Proxy” is the backup SIP server; for our system you do not have to enter the “Alternate Proxy). Change “Use Outbound Proxy” to yes and the “Register Expires” to something around 120.
- Continue to “Subscriber Information”. Fill in the Display Name, Password, Auth ID, and User ID. Change “Use Auth ID” to Yes. You can get these from the Device SIP settings in the RingMe.io Control Panel under Device Settings. For Auth ID use the same as the User ID.
- You will need to change what’s inside of the “Dial Plan” input (“Dial Plan” section) to this: (*.|*.x.|x.) – Be sure to include the parentheses. Click on the “Submit all changes” at the bottom of the page and wait. You should now be able to make calls.
What you can see is that on the phone, the 4 lines are setup as the 1st one. To change that, you need to go to the “Phone” section in the navigation bar and in it go to the Line Key [1 – 2 – 3 – 4] section and set “Extension” for line 2 – 3 – 4 to “Disabled”.
- You have the possibility to change the codec settings for each Line in the “Audio Configuration” section.
- If you want to change the time settings, you will need to “Regional” in the navigation bar and then “Miscellaneous” section.